Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fireplace Makeover Part II

Since, it was rainy and in the 40s today, I decided opening all the windows for ventilation while I sprayed the faux stone finish on the fireplace would not be prudent. Instead, I painted the glaring white mantel and trim work. To do this, I used leftover "sunnybrook farm" by ACE paint from the accent walls in the living and dining areas. It is a beautiful shade of green. I'm not sure these photos do it justice (it could just be the off coloring of my computer monitor though...).

Ignore the smudges around the edges. Those will be covered by the faux stone and the ones on the black tile will be touched up... eventually!

I can't wait for part three to be completed!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I don't see any smudges...you do good work Heather!!!

:) T

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

It looks SO much better! I can't believe what a difference a can of spray paint can make. :) Thanks so much for the visit this morning!